Monday, May 5, 2008

I always tell my students that “one of the best things about being a cook or a chef is that you will never know everything about all the cooking in the world and therefore you should never stop trying to learn”. An so here I am in Jesi, Italy. It struck me as the plane flew into land in Ancona that the land was small farm after small farm. It made me wonder if just maybe 50 years ago flying into Charlotte would have looked very similar, instead of new subdivision after new subdivision?
Students in the International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Charlotte have to write a journal for everyday they have a cooking class, it is part of the educational process. Study recipes & techniques before class, practice in class, summarize and reflect at home. I plan that these weekly articles will serve me in the same manner, to document and retain the information. Ask my students, I don’t have the greatest memory. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my faculty and students at the Art Institute, because without their professionalism and dedication I would not have been able to take the time away to attend school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great Joe! I'll visit often!